Click Here to return to
Cook Street Gate
“COVENTRY, a city environed with a wall coequal, if not exceeding that of London for breadth and height, and with gates and battlements, a place very sweetly situate.”
This fine fragment of the fortifications was generously bought and presented to the city in July, 1913, by Colonel Wyley, in the second year of his mayoralty. The only gates now remaining are Cook Street Gate and Swanswell Gate.
Click the book image to continue to the next chapter